We are seeking to employ an English teacher with a minimum of three years experience for a full-time role at our center in N. Smyrni. The successful candidate should be a native or near-native English speaker, with Greek knowledge (B1 level and above) and hold a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable University, preferably in English Literature, Arts or Social Sciences and a CELTA or equivalent qualification. We are looking for a highly energetic, creative team player, who is passionate about education, and interested in an ongoing position at the school.
What your typical day will look like
On a typical day you will utilize your skills to:
- Teach English to school aged children and/or adults of various ages.
- Formulate and implement a complete lesson plan for the academic year, including the testing and correcting of students’ skills and opportunities for them to receive feedback.
- Monitor your students’ progress throughout each term in order to provide detailed reports to the parents and school.
- Inform the school administration immediately about any issues relating to your students’ progress, behavior, health or safety.
- Manage your personal teacher’s account on the school’s chosen online LMS platform, Classter, including using it to assign homework, schedule tests and record students’ grades and absences.
- Collaborate with your colleagues in order to schedule educational activities.
- Utilize the interactive whiteboard in your classroom as a basic teaching tool.
- Participate in all teachers’ meetings and school activities.
- Supervise students during the lesson breaks.
The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated team player, who is reliable and punctual, and takes pride in the attention to detail and diligence they display in their work. Excellent knowledge of English is fundamental to the role, with very good knowledge of Greek considered an advantage. Basic competence with the MS Office suite, as well as strong organizational and communication skills, will be crucial for success in this role, while experience in Cambridge and Michigan examination styles will be highly beneficial. In addition, the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in English Literature or Social Science.
- CELTA or equivalent qualification
- Minimum three years of teaching experience.
- Comfortable with teaching via online platforms such as Zoom, WebEx, Skype, Google Meet, etc.
- Confident with public speaking and capable of building rapport with students and parents.
The compensation package will follow a fixed contract for a full academic year. The salary will depend on a pre-arranged teaching schedule, between 15:00-22:00 daily. Teaching schedule may be extended depending on the School’s needs; in such cases there will be additional financial benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the job title “English Language Instructor” as the subject line.